Saturday, July 21, 2007

Daddy's Love...

My husband is one of the greatest men I know and now the greatest dad a little boy could ask for. Fatherhood came so naturally to Paul and sometimes I get choked up just thinking of how much Ryan is blessed to have a daddy like Paul. I watch Paul interact with Ryan knowing that his love for his son is unmatchable. Well, somewhat unmatchable. Having children makes you take into consideration what our heavenly daddy did for us by giving up his perfect and only son to die a horrible death so that we might choose to love him and spend eternity with him. The thing that gets me is that even though Christ's death guaranteed that all of us have the opportunity to spend eternity in heaven, not all of us choose that. How sad! For those of us that have chosen and have children...be reminded today as you think about your children, the love you have for them, and how much more our Father loves us!

2 comments:

Sara said...

What a beautiful image...

Having children definitely causes you to think of Christ and about the sacrifice God made by sending His only child to die for our sins. It's unbelievable...and amazing.

Natalie said...

I have wondered at this kind of love when I watch my children sometimes. It seems such an understatement to say I am thankful, but I am.